Tuesday, September 04, 2007

what to talk about?

“Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

My friend Shamash sent me a message on Skype the other day, linking me to a video of some amazing technology that is being developed. I'll link to that specific presentation some other time, but it was that video that got me interested in what I am writing about today. Its called TED and iTunes was gracious enough to put up the BMW sponsored video podcast of what happens there.

TED (Technology, Entertainment, and Design) bills itself with the tagline "Ideas Worth Sharing" and I couldn't agree more. TED is a conference where people come together to share their ideas with the world and now thanks to the internet, I can watch and absorb the ideas that people are thinking about and sharing. So I thought that I would do what I could to spread the ideas that people at TED are presenting, starting with this one.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I hadn't seen this one yet. I have about 40 of them downloaded into my iTunes.

Check out TED talks: Jimmy Wales, Wikipedia

Larry Page and Sergey Brin: google co-founders

I'm hooked on TED Talks!