Saturday, July 02, 2005

rugby rivalry

This was outside the Walkabout bar here in Plymouth.



One of my friends from my graduate studies is from New Zealand and has taken me out a couple of times to watch the All Blacks (NZ rugby team) play. This year the Lions made a tour of NZ and will play 3 matches (two down, one more to play next week) against the All Blacks. The Lions are a rugby team made of the best from the UK (England, Ireland, Wales, Scotland) and there is a slight rivalry between the two teams.

So I was happy to go out with my friend and watch the All Blacks do their best against the Lions and I was not to be disappointed. Despite a slow start from the men in black (remember the name), they punished the Lions with a fierceness and won 48-18. Here's how they start the match, with their haka.




But I just thought that the poster advertising it was kinda cool, especially since it makes fun of the Lions in a country where the Lions are from!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Personally, I like the second image much better for some reason. ;-)

Ah, men in uniform... or biking gear. ;-)

Anonymous said...

I agree, Jules. Why, do you think, that is?

Expat Nomad said...

I don't mean to point out the obvious (at least for this case) but these warriors are from New Zealand...

;)

Anonymous said...

Yes! All Kiwis are hot!!!..... obviously!

Expat Nomad said...

Alas, the Chinese chicken has found me. Welcome my dear Kiwi friend. Good to see you posting on here.

As far as all Kiwis being hot, no arguments from me (yet).

See ya in October...