Sunday, August 21, 2005

new spam

I was reading the comments that people leave on my blog and came across an unusual post that offered a stock 'tip'. I needed to get into the timber industry NOW because the easy money is to be made NOW before the chance passed ME by. It perturbs me the spammers are going this low to sell their product but I am not surprised. It also saddens me to know that people are going to act on this bit of information and waste their money.

Word to the unwise - 'tips' are only for waiters. Don't believe stock 'tips'. These are people who want to get you to buy their worthless (or soon to be) stock so that they can get out of it. There is no such thing as a free lunch on the street and the only way you should get into the market is to do your homework.

If you don't know how to invest, don't jump in until you get a clue. Give it to a reputable mutual fund and let the manager take care of it. If you want to learn how to invest, I suggest Jim Cramer's Real Money. Sane Investing in an Insane World . Read it and THEN start.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been doing some research on the whole "planning for the future" thing. Good on ya.

I also read the spam comment.

Didn't you feel violated? Don't spammers realize the sacredness of "The Blog"?

I think that spamming at a blog sacriligious. Really.