Tuesday, August 02, 2005

back home



As most of you are probably aware, I have returned to Holland after my journeys through England. School was full of fun experiences and I had a wonderful time being with my friends. We laughed and drank and yelled and drank and had such a great time together (and drank). But now the reality of it all is coming back and the time has come to get back to the grind - far too soon in my opinion.

Thursday (less than 48 hours from now) is when I am to report back to school for the beginning of the end for me. This will be my third and final year in Holland, I don't know where I'll be heading after this. Per chance back to the US but odds have it that I will be heading elsewhere as an expat. Something about this lifestyle is just stuck in my veins. There are far worse vices to have...

But this year is going to be tough and a challenge to say the least. Its my year before free-agency and I'll need to be have my top game going so that I am ready for the upcoming frenzy of the upcoming next several months. I'll try to keep you, my faithful reader, updated with all the latest and greatest events that transpire here in Rotterdam.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck going back to the class room, Expat. It's a crazy time of year, I know. And, in all your professional endeavours, remember what really matters in life: blogging. You KNOW it! (except for maybe Picasa2 and Scype and Flicker and Delicious)
Yours in techy geekdom:
-Little Miss Blog

EdWonk said...

I know. Time is running out for us too. We've got to head back west on the 20th and then into interminable faculty meetings on the 22nd. *sigh*