Friday, December 02, 2005

first birthday

Well, today is it! The posts on Expat Nomad have been officially up for a year now and what a year it has been. The topics have ranged from the mundane to the bizarre and a few odd ones to boot.

There was a reflection of my college days when a Health teacher talked about biting others and another embarassing story of having someone walk in during an 'adjustment' time. There was a day where I just told what went on in history and days where I ranted about American politics (too many to link to).

All in all, its been a good experience for me and I am happy with how the first year has gone. Here's to a good start and many more to come. A happy coincidence, its also my 100th post. Since two milestones are coming together, I've decided to do something new - a change of scenery with a new profile pic. Thems my gurls!

Nomad

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Expat! Congratulations on year one! What a year it's been, indeed. I'm your most loyal fan.

:-)

Blog on! - shamash

PS: For some reason, the profile pic doesn't show up. Just thought I'd let you know.

EdWonk said...

Happy blogiversary! Here's to many more. How's winter?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Expat.
As one of the "two people who read your blog" (understatement; I know there's more than two, and if students simple google the name of your other blog, they'll find this immediately, and probably already have! :-).... anyways, I do read expat... i check it every day, sometimes more, and i miss it when you don't post... and also: just so you know: the new profile pic doesn't show up: it's just an "X"

post soon... some of us miss when you don't!!

-slim

Expat Nomad said...

EdWonk - Winter is nice and chilly here, temps are due to hang around freezing for the next day or so. I can't wait to get to LA at Christmas!!

Slim - I'm happy to see that you visit often and I sorry you can't see the picture of my profile. It works for everyone else (as far as I know). As far as my students reading this blog, I am happy to report that they haven't found it yet. The wonderful site meter at the bottom of the page lets me know who comes to visit and when, none of which are the IPs of my students. How do I know? My other blog has the same site meter and I see their IPs when they come to visit that one.

As far as posting more often, I'll try to do so in the new year. I'm leaving for Austria and California on Thursday and be gone until after the New Year. I'll see if I can write more for ya Slim.

Cheers to one and all!

Anonymous said...

Have a happy hoiday, Expat. God knows you deserve it. Good idea to compare IP addresses... you sneaky little teacher, you! :P I still don't have a site meter. My blog service lets me know how many "hits" I have, but not where they're "hitting" from. I'm afraid if I had a site meter, I'd get addicted to trying to figure out who's visiting from where.

I'll be passing through LA, too, but long before you do. My mom says there's snow on the ground on the east coast and that they're calling for a white christmas. I wanna build a big, honkin' snowman and make snow angels! :-)

Safe travels, expat!
-slim