Wednesday, February 09, 2005

day in history

While thinking of something to put on the blog for the day, I decided to take a look at what happened on this day in history. Not much as far as I can tell. Apollo 14 splashed down (1971), Senator McCarthy claims that 205 communists are employed by the State Department (1950), volleyball is invented in Massachusetts (1895), and many many more.

But, the largest accomplishment of February 9th must be...

Queen Beatrix opened the Rotterdam Metro (1968).

Many thanks to Queen B for her role in opening up the rail lines that took me to get a much needed haircut yesterday. I dunno what I would have done without ya.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, this day (actually, yesterday) in history is Chinese New Year and Korean New Year. Everyone everywhere here is wearing red. I went to Chinatown last night to watch the dragon dancers. I bought strange, exotic food.

BTW: I love the new look on your blog! It's clean and easy on the eye.

shamash