Monday, March 06, 2006

what to write about?

So I'm kinda struggling for a topic here. I spent the last week rolling about my house, doing a lot of nothing, and feeling good about it. It was our Crocus vacation at school and while my roommie was tromping around Prague, I spent time at home relaxing and being a single guy without any worries.

I also spent some more time on Google Video watching short and long movies. I saw a very provocative movie (shown below) about Sept. 11th called "Loose Change". Its done by a couple of filmmakers from NYC who attempt to bring to light new evidence about who was really behind the attacks on that day and what really happened. I'm not buying everything that these two filmmakers say but they do bring up some interesting arguments about the veracity of the stories that we assume to be true from those days' events.

Some of my time during vacation was also spent working on stuff that I need to do for the upcoming move to Peru and making arrangements for that. I'll get to spend a day walking around Amsterdam from consulate to consulate getting papers notarized and having people watch me sign other papers. Its all part of the fun when you're moving to another country. Shamash - you know exactly what I'm talking about, right?

Then today I made my way back to the classroom. Ahhh, a fish back in water. I never thought that I would be glad to get back to my job but the more time I spend doing my job the more that I realize how lucky I was to choose the correct profession. We are all given certain gifts and mine is dealing with teenagers who are too cool for the rest of the world - kinda like me. ;)

And now here's a little piece of conspiracy theory for ya - including the cheesy music and narration. Its about 80 minutes long so if you wanna watch, be forewarned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, expat!
finally, i'm in a country where i can watch your streaming video.

I found this full of flaws, but entertaining, none-the-less, and informative.

Plus, you KNOW how I love conspiracy theories! :-)

how's packin' goin'?
-little miss blog