Saturday, February 26, 2005

joke show

I am a comic. I don't get paid for it but my kids will readily tell you that I like to have fun in my class. I love to hear people laugh and even more so if I make them do it. But what I really enjoy is losing myself in a hearty laughter that makes your abs hurt. So when I found this old NPR radio show that I heard a few years ago, I knew I needed to link to it.

Garrison Keillor is well know for his Prarie Home Companion and Lake Wobegon stories but once a year he turns his show over to the annual joke show. Here's a sample of a few of them. Enjoy! (link to the show above)


An old Jew and an old chinaman are walking down the street, when suddenly the Jew turns and hits the chinaman, knocking him to the ground. "Hey, what was that for"?, asks the chinaman. "That was for Pearl Harbor", said the Jew. "That was the Japanese, you idiot. I am Chinese". "Chinese, Japanese, what's the difference", said the Jew.
They continue on their way, when suddenly the Chinaman turns and hits the Jew, knocking him to the ground. "Hey, what was that for"?, asks the Jew. "That was for the Titanic", said the Chinaman. "The Titanic!? That was an iceburg, you idiot". The Chinaman replied, "Iceburg, Goldburg, what's the difference".


What is a pirate’s favorite toy store? Toys ARRRRR Us
What is a pirate’s favorite snack? PizzARRRR
What is a pirate’s favorite holiday? ARRRRRbor Day
What is a pirate’s favorite opponent? The ARRRRRmy
What does a retired pirate do? GARRRRRden
What is a pirate’s favorite radio network? N.P.ARRRRR
What is a pirate’s favorite drink? ARRRRRange juice
What does a pirate do on spring break? PARRRRRty
How do pirates settle disputes? ARRRRRbitrate
Who is a pirate’s favorite Greek Goddess? ARRRRRtemis

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always manage to make me laugh - or at least smile, even if you just grossed me out! Hi-O!

Acid Zebra said...

lol... those were some pretty bad pirate jokes ;)

My favorite knock knock joke:

Knock, Knock.
Who's there?
Interrupting Cow.
Interr*MOOO!*

EdWonk said...

I'm a big fan of PHC. They had their 12-20 years-old talent show a couple of weeks ago. (I even linked their "commercial" for the Partnership Of English Majors on my site.)

I missed it today, but I'll catch it on the Sunday repeat from KPBS San Diego.

Did they have any "Penguin Jokes" this year??