Tuesday, January 31, 2006

time of unknowns

This is my last post before I head off to Iowa on Thursday morning for the job fair. The next post will hopefully shed some light about where I will be in 6 months time. As of this moment, I truly have no idea where that will be.

I'm starting to wonder what will happen and how the interviews will go. I wonder what positions will be offered to me and which one in particular I will take. There are a few at the top of my list but will I be their top candidate as well? I know my qualifications are good and I'm a sharp teacher but sometimes administrators don't always pick up on that. I know that sometimes my current director has baffled us with some of his hiring decisions and I worry that there are more like him out there that might pass me over in search for another that they feel is more qualified. That's not to say that others may not be a better candidate than I am, I'm just hoping that I have better personal skills than the average Physics teacher out there. ;-)

All my fears are probably for not and I'll be given more offers than I can comprehend what to do with but I don't know that yet. While I am a confident person, sometimes that little voice in my head pops up from time to time and leaves that nagging thought running rampant - "what if I'm not good enough?" That voice will be gone before the weekend, I can put it out of my mind when I need to. Its just there right now as well as the curiousity of what is to come next. Trying to get any sleep over the next 3 nights ought to be interesting (the last two nights have resulted in a total of 6 hours worth of sleep).

Just have to wait and see, right? Chat with you all soon, hopefully next time I'll be able to tell you just where the next stop will be.

Cheers,

Expat

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Expat:

Good luck!

I remember that feeling of heading to the job fair. I know you'll do great.

Question: what will you wear? THE OUTFIT from Plymouth? Or perhaps a lab coat might do the trick?

Knock 'em dead, cowboy. :-)

Acid Zebra said...

UPDATE!!!!

(we demand ...)

;)

Expat Nomad said...

Shamash - I did wear the pants from Plymouth - had to show off the 'package'. HAHAHAHA!! But chose a different top (a bit more conservative).

Michiel - your update is coming right up!