Monday, January 16, 2006

turn it on

Ok, so I'm sitting here at home today with the remnants of the flu, courtesy of someone (a teacher) at school. I got it because she didn't think of what might happen if she kissed me when she was still sick. Flat out - she didn't think.

And that bugs me. I know that perhaps I tend to analyze stuff too much but at least it can be said that I think of the ramifications of my actions. Its not just that she didn't think but there are a lot of people out there who don't think before they do. They just act on their impulse and don't think that there will be a consequence.

I'm not just ranting because I got sick this time but I merely have the time to sit down and convey my thoughts since I am not at work. Usually I just get pissed and let it slide but I'm alone at home and have a bone to pick with non-thinking people. I'm not referring to people who don't have a brain but rather the people who aren't smart enough to use it.

You know who they are. They work with you, they are in the press, they are everywhere! People who have functional gray matter between their ears but don't seem to know how to use it. What do we have to do to get them to think? Should we enact laws to provide 'incentives' against non-thinkers? Maybe then people would think a bit more before they do something stupid, like drown their children (severe example) or drive a car without insurance (because they 'didn't plan on getting into an accident').

What to do? I dunno. I just wish others would turn their brains on and stop punishing those of us who do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm all with you on the 'people who aren't smart enough to use it.' but I think you're story vehicle (the teacher who kissed you) is a weak example, I would say you are at fault for letting your defenses (immune system) become too weak :P

Or maybe you didn't catch it from her, but from a cough from a school kid. Or a handshake. Or particles floating in the air. Or am I analysing it too much ;)

ps. post by the Acid Zebra; I couldn't get blogger to log me in >:(

Expat Nomad said...

I'm sure it was her as she had it less than 24 hours before she gave it to me. She neglected to tell me this until I was curled up in the fetal position next to the toilet...

As for my defense system, I may need an upgrade. Got some spare white blood cells I can borrow?