Thursday, March 31, 2005

having it my way

I've been off the net for the last week due to a friend being here in R'dam for a visit. I enjoy being a tour guide and showing people my adopting country of the Netherlands. This is a good country to be in and with the exception of paying a large part of my salary to taxes, I think things are pretty darn good here.

Today I went back to Schipol airport and put my friend on a plane back to her native country of Lebanon. I actually love going to the airport. Its not because Schipol is such a cool place or that I enjoy taking the train to visit the locale - its because I get a chance to satisfy that urge I occasionally get for fast food, specifically Burger King. What can I say, I am a sucker for a Whoppper with cheese and while there are plenty of BKs in the Netherlands, I only go there when I am at the airport.

Why? Why not?!

So I am home and happy with my tummy filled with all kinds of empty calories that I will have to work off in some form. But that's for another day. A day that I care about those empty calories. Today I had it my way...

No comments: