Friday, March 11, 2005

so endth the week from hell

I wasn't expecting my job to be as hard as it was this week. Needless to say, I am glad that it is over and that I can relax and enjoy my beer (which is due to arrive within the hour). Speaking of which, can I tell you something really cool?

American grocery stores have the same thing but not on the same scale as here. For someone who is transportation impaired (lack of car) and hates going to the store, having your groceries delivered is a god-send. For a few euro extra, the wonderful people at Albert Heijn get my groceries, put them in a crate in the back of a refrigerated truck, and bring them into my kitchen. How awesome! And the best part for those of us who are Dutch-impaired, the website is filled with wonderful pictures so I know what the hell I am buying.

So in just a matter of a few minutes, my food will end its journey to my house and make its way into the lovely confines of my icebox. Too cool...

No comments: