Wednesday, March 16, 2005

st. patrick's day



Its the time of year when people from around the world claim to be of Irish ancestry and don the green, white, and orange. And yes, that includes this blogger.

I have come to find out that my family name is Irish and we have some Gaelic blood in us somewhere. How do I know? Let's just say that the O was dropped off the front of our name and I was fortunate enough to have someone explain that my last name means 'limestone' in Gaelic. Its nice to know that my family has been named for being a rock... Actually, I don't know how to really interpret that! :)

In any case, Happy St. Patrick's Day.

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

No comments: