Monday, March 21, 2005

spring arrives!

Ahh, the joy of spring is in the air! The day was wonderfully sunny, the temp was invigorating (17 degrees) and a general feeling of peace was in the air today.

The vernal equinox. The day when the whole world gets 12 hours of sunshine. For two days a year, we are all equal in our daily dose of sunrays.

And I am glad to have spring here. I missed the change of seasons when I lived in the desert and living in Holland makes you appreciate spring when it does arrive. Temps started being too cold for me back in October and 6 months later, I am glad to feel the glowing sun on my face. Days like this do make me feel glad to be alive. I will miss days like this when I am dead.

But I don't think I'll even know it so I guess I won't miss them! ;)

In any case, what a wonderful day indeed. Me smiles!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OOOooooo.....Ah...... 17 whole degrees! I long for that weather. Here, the temperature is over a hundred degrees F. most days. Soon, the monsoon rains will come to cool things off a bit.

slim